Wedneday, 1st September 2021.
It’s wonderful! The super-efficiency of the national weather-forecasting service is commendable. MetEireann, in collaboration with UK and Dutch counterparts, have wasted no time in releasing the 2021-2022 Storm Names.
For very obvious reasons they waited until today. Less obvious was the release of this information on the day after the close of Premier League transfer window. To be sure, all windows should be closed in such storms.
Arwen will be first to arrive. What a lovely name! Irish names this year include Barra, Méabh, Pól and Seán. Being loaded towards the back end of the alphabet, it’s very unlikely that we’ll get to the last two fellas, but our Méabh could be brutal. I should really check to see if I was stormed since 2014? That’s when it started.
Did you know?
- Each storm alternates gender.
- The letters Q, U, X, Y and Z are not used.
- This year, the first storm is female. For obvious reasons, it alternates each year.
- Names are selected by the public. It could be you.
- Storm year runs from today until end of August 2022.
- Get more details by googling Irish, UK or Dutch met services
GrowWriteRepeat | Social Links |